Today I will be discussing my current favorites. Or I guess my favorites from December? A December favorites.
The last few years I have controlled myself when it comes to buying new makeup. However, over the last month I really don’t know what happened but I am assuming the reason why my wallet is currently empty is because I blacked out in Sephora three too many times.
Below I have a list of my favorites of the moment, from makeup to music to food and everything in between! I hope you enjoy!
- ANASTASIA BROW WIZ– This product has really changed the game for me when it comes to eyebrows. I have tried every Anastasia eyebrow product on the market thus far, and this is by far my favorite. The most precise and quick application that I have discovered and a TRUE holy grail product for me.
2. OATMEAL AND AVOCADO FACE MASK – Purchased this face mask about a month ago and I absolutely love it. I am a die hard lush fan, however this face mask being four dollars TOPS is insane. So incredibly gentle and good for your skin. I use it about two times a week and leave it on until it dries/hardens then wash it right off!
3. MAYBELLINE FIT ME CONCEALER- Instead of investing in a high end concealer from Sephora, I was on the search for a concealer from the drugstore that would still do the trick, and I found one! This concealer does a great job at covering up my under eye circles while still brightening and highlighting! I would definitely recommend setting this concealer with a powder however, because I have noticed it tends to crease in the lines under my eyes. But for the price you can’t beat it!
4. MAC WHIRL LIP LINER/FAUX LIPSTICK/VELVET TEDDY LIPSTICK– I successfully found my everyday pairing! I have heard great things about these specific colors and had to pick them up for myself and I am so glad I did! These colors are incredibly natural while giving you that “my lips but better” look. Velvet Teddy is very similar to my lip color while Faux has a pinkier mauve look, but they are both perfect paired with Whirl!
5. STATEMENT SUNGLASSES- Sunglasses are one of my favorite accessories. They can do so much for an outfit at such an affordable price. Trendy sunglasses are all the rage now, and although I have a few of my own already, it can never hurt to amp up your collection a bit.
6. SILVER COIN NECKLACE & CHOKERS- Over this past month I’ve realized that I am either wearing little to no jewelry at all, a choker necklace, or a huge statement piece. I had been lusting over the Free People coin necklace for a while but couldn’t justify spending 90 dollars on it. However, while doing some searching I found a dupe (but better) on Amazon and I LOVE IT. It’s the perfect statement necklace not to mention the quality is A+! However, if you’re on the opposite side of the spectrum and enjoy a toned down look I love chokers with crystal pendants attached. I found my first one at a flea market for a dollar but found a duplicate on Colabination🙂
7. WHAT A TIME FOR MUSIC, WOW– This is a really dangerous topic because once you get me started I don’t think I have the willpower to stop. Soooo much good music came to my attention this month my ears were truly blessed.
Trap Soul- Bryson Tiller —- What an album. Some of my favorites—> Sorry Not Sorry, Exchange, Overtime, Right my Wrongs. Listen now, and thank me later.
In Return- ODESZA —- The ultimate feel good tracks. This album was my fuel when studying for finals last year, and I just forgot about it. But, it has made a return and i’m so happy it did. Love me some ODESZA. Some of my favorites—> Say My Name (obviously), All We Need, Sun Models, Always This Late.
Lastly, It would be morally wrong if I didn’t include the obvious…. Adele and Bieber. Enough said.
NOW for my favorite part… FOOD.
If you know me in real life, you’d know that I am actually the pickiest eater probably ever. So when I find something that I do like I tend to become obsessed with it until I become completely sick of it (normal right?). I’ve been on an acai/smoothie bowl kick for a while now and UGH ARE THEY GOOD.
I usually tend to make smoothie bowls over acai bowls because they are sweeter, but if you want the benefits of acai, you can find acai packets in any natural foods store! For smoothie bowls however, I use frozen fruit of my choice which is usually strawberries, blueberries and TIP: peel a banana and freeze it, then let it defrost a few minutes and chop it in a 3 pieces then throw it into your smoothie! Makes the smoothie a really thick and creamy consistency while adding the banana flavor! Then I add about half a cup of milk, greek yogurt of my choice, and blend it up!
Adding ice isn’t necessary because of the frozen fruit, in fact I think adding ice makes it too thin and watery which is not the consistency were going for!
Then the fun part which is adding the toppings. For the photo above, I added honey roasted granola, carob chips, and coconut flakes! But, you can always top it off with fresh fruit, chia seeds, or whatever you’d like! You’d be surprised at how filling this is! Try it out for yourself instead of spending the money on one!
AVOCONTROL! Just recently got over my fear of avocadoes, and have been experimenting with avocado toast! For this I used 2 pieces of carb style bread which is 5 carbs a slice, mashed up some avocado, added salt and pepper then drizzled some balsamic on top! Sooo good!
I hope you have enjoyed me rambling on about my current favorites and maybe try one or two of these things out for yourself!
Meet you here again soon,